Friday, April 10, 2009

Caneel Bay, St. John

Kevin and I just got back last night from a little vacation away without the kids. It was so refreshing and we both really needed it. We stayed at the resort Caneel Bay on St. John Island in the U.S. Virgin Islands. (no TV and no telephones) It was beautiful. The water is a dazzling blue and so clear, it's just amazing. We did absolutely nothing and it was grand.
We had a beach front room so we had immediate access to the beach which was pretty cool. We woke every morning and played tennis then I spent most of the hours of my day floating on a raft in the ocean. (Can you see me?) I had a massage everyday that we were there.
It really can't get much better than that!












I hardly had anytime to be depressed about turning 35. We watched every sunset and had the best dinners.












As you can see in this picture it looks like I've already gained 10 lbs! It was funny one morning we woke up to find this little guy drinking the water on our deck (it's like a built in wash basin to get the sand off your feet before returning to your room) Anyway this guy is just drinking when all of a sudden his friend nudges him to get a move on. I think about 10 donkeys must have walked by in a row it was so cute. Anyway we really did have a great time and how could we not, look at the island, it really speaks for itself.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful and relaxing, your right what more can you ask for. Oh, and I think you look great for an "old" 35 year old! I always loved it when you caught up to me in age!

LuLu and Moxley's Mom said...

St. John is my favorite place in the world! We went there for our honeymoon and many vacations. I'm jealous!!!! And happy belated birthday.

Scheduled May Activities

  • MTWTh--Tyler in Preschool
  • MWF--Kendall in Preschool
  • Tuesday's--Kendall Gymnastics, Tyler & Kendall Golf
  • Wednesday--Tyler T-Ball Practice
  • Thursday's--Kendall Dance, Tyler & Kendall Swim
  • Friday's--Tyler Piano & Tyler Tennis
  • Saturday's--Tyler T-Ball

2010 Family Pictures

Kendall turns 3!