Friday, May 8, 2009

Carney Park Walk

Well I got one of the two new lenses I've been waiting for. I was so excited, I think it's absolutely beautiful. And once I get used to how heavy it is I'm sure my pictures won't be so bad either. So anyway one of the first things I did once I had my lens was take the kids on a "hike". It was more like a walk and I cut it short because 1) I'm not much of a hiker anyway but 2) it was 4pm and I started freaking myself out thinking what if we ran into some wild animal like a coyote or rabid squirrel or how about some random freaky stranger. I really shouldn't be "hiking" alone with the kids. So I convinced them to turn around and promised we go back next time with friends or daddy because the kids really did like walking in the woods even though I was trying to scare them straight about getting ticks. Tyler did see his first smashed squirrel when we were walking back on the road and he about freaked out asking what it was. It was gross but also a lot like a cartoon character in that there wasn't any guts and stuff just a flat squirrel. (nice image, huh?) I used the opportunity as a learning exercise by telling Tyler if he didn't stay out of the street and away from cars in the parking lot he too could end up like our little flat friend there.

No comments:

Scheduled May Activities

  • MTWTh--Tyler in Preschool
  • MWF--Kendall in Preschool
  • Tuesday's--Kendall Gymnastics, Tyler & Kendall Golf
  • Wednesday--Tyler T-Ball Practice
  • Thursday's--Kendall Dance, Tyler & Kendall Swim
  • Friday's--Tyler Piano & Tyler Tennis
  • Saturday's--Tyler T-Ball

2010 Family Pictures

Kendall turns 3!