Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day To All

We want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!












I made our feast here, which consisted of a Buttermilk-Brined Turkey, Smokey Bacon Biscuit Dressing, Mashed Potatoes (of course), Snap Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Roasted Mushrooms, Cranberry Sauce and last but certainly not least Pecan Pumpkin Butter Pie. I do have to say I make one mean turkey, yummy yummy! And I have to be honest I thought all my sides were pretty delicious too. Tyler was so excited all day to eat turkey dinner. It might have been because we saw some wild turkeys actually walking across the street from our house this morning. The big hit though this morning was the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I think the kids sat there the whole morning and watched it. I couldn't believe how much they enjoyed it. I don't remember enjoying it that much. Of course I can't remember back when I was 2 so who knows. We started new traditions this year, Tyler and Kendall enjoyed a little wrestling.


I think she gave him a run for his money. Anyway it was a good day and mommy is oh so tired from all her hard work in the kitchen. I do want to add what I'm thankful for and that is a healthy and happy family (colds and tantrums aside). I feel so privileged to have what we have, and I'm just so thankful that we are all healthy to enjoy life as it is.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, look how good your feast turned out. You are becoming quite the cook. I did the turkey too, my first "real" turkey. It turned out pretty good. I have to mention how hansome Tyler is, You are going to have to give me styling advice for boys. I feel I am pretty good with my girls, but at a loss with Brayden sometimes!!

Agrella family said...

Whoa girl...I thought towards the end you were going to make a joke about how it was catered! That sounds wonderfully YUMMY! I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving & lucky you that the kids were so good at watching the parade...Donavan turned it on for like 5 minutes and it was back to football!

Scheduled May Activities

  • MTWTh--Tyler in Preschool
  • MWF--Kendall in Preschool
  • Tuesday's--Kendall Gymnastics, Tyler & Kendall Golf
  • Wednesday--Tyler T-Ball Practice
  • Thursday's--Kendall Dance, Tyler & Kendall Swim
  • Friday's--Tyler Piano & Tyler Tennis
  • Saturday's--Tyler T-Ball

2010 Family Pictures

Kendall turns 3!