Friday, January 16, 2009

Pike to Eel

Tyler graduated from his pike swim class to eel, last session. We were so proud. Then he had two weeks off and last week was his first day with a new coach. I couldn't take any pictures and post it last week because he wouldn't go in the water. Mommy was quite mad because I know coach Lynn was thinking he wasn't ready. The only time he swam was when I left because I was so upset and he started to swim to the deep end to try and get me. The teacher had to pull him back. I didn't want him to disrupt the class so I made him sit on the edge of the pool for the whole class then 5 minutes before it was over mean mommy said "you better get in that pool and swim to your class (in the deep end) or I'm locking you in your room for the rest of the day! Well thankfully I didn't have to go through with the threat because he got in swam to his class which by this time was swimming back and then coach Lynn let him jump off the diving board. So this week we came back and I wondered how it would go. It went exactly how it should have gone last week. He was a fish, or I should say eel I guess.
He couldn't stop swimming and was actually swimming under water whenever he could.
He is the youngest in the class and he still has his bubbles on but the coach took them off when he was swimming on his back and he did great so maybe she'll have me take them off soon.

And this is what you look like when it's 12 degrees outside and you have swim lessons (indoors of course).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This post reminded me to sign my kids up for indoor swimming too. I have to get on that!! Looks like Tyer is really loving the water, and what you said about the first day, the same thing happen to me with Mikayla almost exactly! We have to talk soon, miss you.

Scheduled May Activities

  • MTWTh--Tyler in Preschool
  • MWF--Kendall in Preschool
  • Tuesday's--Kendall Gymnastics, Tyler & Kendall Golf
  • Wednesday--Tyler T-Ball Practice
  • Thursday's--Kendall Dance, Tyler & Kendall Swim
  • Friday's--Tyler Piano & Tyler Tennis
  • Saturday's--Tyler T-Ball

2010 Family Pictures

Kendall turns 3!