Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our First Family Night

Tonight we had our first family night. We agreed with the new year we would once a month hold an official family night. Today was our first and I'd say it was relatively successful. At one of our (new weekly) family meetings, Tyler had decided that for family night he'd like to do a craft. Since mommy isn't that good with doing crafts on a daily basis at home (isn't that what school is for?) we opened up this birdhouse kit that Tyler had won at some street fair. He's been wanting to put it together for so long. So here was his chance. We got out the kit, plus some paint for Kendall and also the much adored but banned from the house playdoh. We had some fun! Daddy sort of took control of the birdhouse so mommy pulled out some workbooks for Tyler which he wasn't much into so that didn't last long.
Mommy pulled out some brain quest cards and Tyler actually liked those so we had fun until Mommy had to wake Kendall from her 3 1/2 hour nap so she could join us.
Don't mind her crazy bed head. She was very excited to get to paint. Mommy doesn't trust her to paint alone downstairs yet. She's my Picasso (or Pollock) and if left to her own she will paint the walls I'm pretty sure of it.

1 comment:

Agrella family said...

I am not sure when you will get this. But I love the family night...totally great idea. I love the painting thing, I think Abrianna is definitely one to love it as I found out at Cafe Art but I haven't ventured yet...as I saw how you used the easel (I have one, too) you gave me a great idea and I think I am going to do something like that for her...so do you actually have a meeting? What do you talk about? Anyway, love this post!

Scheduled May Activities

  • MTWTh--Tyler in Preschool
  • MWF--Kendall in Preschool
  • Tuesday's--Kendall Gymnastics, Tyler & Kendall Golf
  • Wednesday--Tyler T-Ball Practice
  • Thursday's--Kendall Dance, Tyler & Kendall Swim
  • Friday's--Tyler Piano & Tyler Tennis
  • Saturday's--Tyler T-Ball

2010 Family Pictures

Kendall turns 3!