Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're BACK!!!!!

And boy does it feel good to be back. Don't get me wrong we had a great time and we're quite happy we got to see Grandma & Papa Q as well as Cousin Ashley and Auntie Kathy. But wouldn't you know it my plan of seeing all my friends back in Livermore went bust because Kendall and I think Tyler too got Hand Foot Mouth disease. (not to be confused with hoof and mouth that cows get). The trip started out OK. Well we were delayed in Chicago but if you're going to be delayed at an airport for 2 hours with kids that's the place to be. They have a nice little play space for kids so Tyler and Kendall really enjoyed themselves and Tyler wanted to go back but thankfully on the way home today the flights ran a bit more smoothly. Anyway we got to Kevin's parents house just in time to figure out that Kendall who had been quite crabby some days before broke out with a nice little blister on her lip since she hadn't been eating for the past few days and also had a high fever the day before and broke out with a rash all over her body. Yes from the tip of her fingertips to the tips of her toes. And eventually some blisters on her toes started to show themselves too. I self diagnosed her with Hand Foot Mouth. How in the hell she got that is beyond me but we do go to lots of indoor play places. Tyler complained a bit too but he didn't have anything on Kendall. I can't tell you how bummed I was when I called my old Thursday playgroup to tell them I couldn't come. There were so many new babies that had arrived in our little circle I was so anxious to see them. Yes girls I cried a good 30 minutes Wednesday morning when I realized I wouldn't be seeing you and that Tyler wouldn't get to see his old pals again either. (you guys were really the reason I agreed to the trip and bypassed a week on a lake in New Hampshire) It was so hard because I wished I could have said "well I'll see you guys again soon" but honestly I just don't know when that will be. Why couldn't she had just had a cold, I would have made you all suck it up for that. But NOOOO she has to get the most contagious and the one virus you don't want your child to get. ugh! Ok well enough of that. So anyway like I said we still had fun with grandma & Papa Q, they celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary. Congratulations on that great milestone. Kevin and I celebrated our wooden anniversary (that's 5 years by the way) on the 23rd. One of Kevin's friends got married so we celebrated in style with free food and drink all night (in honor of them of course). And finally one last milestone was reached this week while we were gone. My dad at the ripe young age of 57 is retiring! In fact today was his last day. Now with both Renee and my dad retired I wonder what they plan on doing with themselves. I hope a trip back to New England is in their immediate future. We sure do miss you guys and wish we could have had you on our agenda while we were back in Cali. Ok well I think that's enough for now. I'm beat after a day of flying with two kids and no naps. We have an exciting week planned ahead. Look for more posts to come....

No comments:

Scheduled May Activities

  • MTWTh--Tyler in Preschool
  • MWF--Kendall in Preschool
  • Tuesday's--Kendall Gymnastics, Tyler & Kendall Golf
  • Wednesday--Tyler T-Ball Practice
  • Thursday's--Kendall Dance, Tyler & Kendall Swim
  • Friday's--Tyler Piano & Tyler Tennis
  • Saturday's--Tyler T-Ball

2010 Family Pictures

Kendall turns 3!